Just starting out on your photography journey?
Make your experience with your new camera simple by connecting 1-on-1 with a Canon product expert during our virtual 60 minute, interactive pilot program 'Mastering the Basics | 1:1 Photography Workshop'. You'll get tips on how to make the most out of your investment, and feel confident to go out and start taking better photos with your new camera right away.
Available workshop topics to choose from include:
Camera walk-around So you’ve just cracked open that new box that’s arrived on your doorstep. Congratulations! Now, what's next? With this workshop session type, we’ll show you how to get your camera set up, do a virtual walk-around of some of the key features it has, and get you comfortable with your new camera.
Get your camera set up Get to know the key controls and features of your camera and understanding your lens.
The photography basics A crash course session on what goes into making a great photo. Learn about exposure elements including: shutter speed, aperture, and ISO – and how they impact the final shot. Also, learn about focusing and tips on how to get your subject in focus. Have a specific shot in mind? Our instructor will tailor this session type towards getting that amazing photo you’ve been wanting to capture.
Mastering the built-in modes Your camera is designed to bring out your creativity! In this workshop topic, we’ll explain the different modes available such as Auto, Manual, Tv and Av - and when to use them to your advantage. Have a specific shot in mind? Our instructor will tailor this session type towards getting that amazing photo you’ve been wanting to capture.
Now booking program sessions for January 2021!
Introductory Price: $69.99Buy Now
What Do You Get!
Get the hands-on training that's 100% personalized to your needs and your camera, so you can start taking great pictures.
- Your Camera, Your Way:
Don't go down the rabbit hole. Stop sifting through dozens of YouTube videos to find what you're looking for and get it right from the people who made your camera.
- Relaxed, friendly instructors:
Our instructors are experienced photographers, and expert educators with a wealth of knowledge about Canon products. We're just as excited as you are that you're starting on your new photography journey!
- Flexible scheduling:
Learn from the comfort of your own home with the virtual sessions. Find a time that matches up with your schedule between 9AM-5PM ET, Monday-Friday (excluding statutory holidays).
- Get the most out of your investment:
It's our way of making your experience with your new camera simple, and enjoyable.
How It Works
- Step 1. Purchase the workshop on the Canon Canada eStore.
Please note, you will need to own or purchase an applicable product to be eligible for the workshop. (see Applicable Products below)
- Step 2. Schedule your workshop session. We'll send an email with a link to choose your session topic and time, along with a few short questions to help us tailor the session to your needs.
Please note, you will also receive auto-generated purchase confirmation and shipping emails. The shipping confirmation email is your receipt - you can ignore the 'shipping' email as this is a virtual workshop session.
- Step 3. Your instructor will follow up with a link and instructions on how to attend the virtual sessions.
Please note, our virtual workshop will be delivered via a video conferencing platform.
The 'Mastering the Basics' workshops are hands-on based around the following camera models. If you do not have one of these models, this workshop might not be right for you.
EOS Rebel T7i
EOS Rebel T7
EOS Rebel T100
EOS Rebel SL3
Mastering the Basics - Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to services provided by Canon Canada Inc. (“Canon” or “we” or “us”).
- 1. Enrollment Fee. Full payment of the enrollment fee is due before the time of registration. The enrollment fee shall cover the course registration and participation, and all other course content.
- 2. Refund Policy. Refunds will only be given if requested 48 hours prior to start of the course OR you may request a reschedule of the event.
- 3. Course Cancellation. Canon reserves the right to cancel a course , such decisions will be made at least one week before the scheduled course date. Registrants will be notified via email. Canon will make every effort to avoid cancellations. In case of a cancellation you will have the choice of registering for the next course date or receiving a refund for the full course fee.
- 4. Technology. Canon does not warrant that the provision of any content online will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely or error free, that defects will be corrected or that such content is secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors and omissions. Canon shall not be liable for any technological issues which may occur as a result of the hardware/software you are using (e.g., internet, computer, phone, etc.) while you are completing the course.
- 5. Copyright and Proprietary Property. Canon may provide to you with materials, which are copyrighted proprietary property of Canon. You will also receive additional materials that are the copyrighted proprietary property of third parties. All copyrights relating to any course materials provided or made available by Canon or any other party remain the sole property of the holder of the copyright. Therefore, no part of any course materials may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, or translated into any language, without our prior written consent.
- 6. Warranty. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE FOR THE USE OR RESULTS OF THE COURSE AND MATERIALS OR THAT ANY PARTICULAR LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE WILL BE ATTAINED BY YOU. CANON DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- 7. Limitation of Liability. Canon has no liability to you whatsoever. This "Limitation of Liability" section applies regardless of the basis on which you are entitled to claim damages from us, including but not limited to, breach of contract (even in the case of a fundamental breach) and tort (including, but not limited to, misrepresentation). This limitation of liability also applies to our subcontractors.
- 8. Termination. We shall be entitled to terminate these terms and conditions and cease to provide you with any services with immediate effect in the event that you: (a) fail to pay when due your fees; (b) act in an aggressive, bullying, offensive, threatening or harassing manner towards any employee of Canon, any teacher or lecturer who provides the courses or any student who attends any course; and (c) cheat or plagiarize any work which you are required to prepare or submit in connection with the services or during any examination taken in connection with the services.
- 9. Assignment. Any Services provided by Canon under these terms and conditions are personal to you and cannot be transferred or assigned to any other person. Canon shall be entitled to assign these terms and conditions to any other company without prior notice to you.
- 10. Governing Law. This Agreement is subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Ontario in connection with any dispute hereunder.